10 reasons to retire in Belize
- English is the official language – Everything from buying real estate, banking and every day business is done in English. Belize is the only country in Central America where English is the official language. Other languages commonly spoken are Spanish, Kriol (Belizean Creole), Garifuna and Maya.
- Currency – No complicated conversion rates or charts to deal with as The Belizean Dollar exchanges at a rate of 2 to 1 to the U.S. Dollar.
- Belize is close by – You can get to Belize in about two hours from many of the major airport hubs in the United States. You can easily visit your family and friends (and grandkids) or better yet have them come visit you.
- Familiar Laws and Government – Similar to the governments in the United Kingdom, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Belize’s government is a Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
- Population – the entire country has a population of just over 300,000. Compared to Costa Rica’s 4+ million and Panama’s 3+ million there are a lot less people and traffic.
- Qualified Retired Persons Program – Belize’s incentive program starts at age 45. Persons 45 or older can qualify for incentives under this program including bringing vehicles and household items into the country duty free.
- Real estate is affordable. Belize is not the cheapest place in Central America to buy real estate, but it is surprisingly affordable compared with the cost of similar properties in the United States.
- Belize itself. Belize is best known as “Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret”. From its beautiful islands and beaches to its lush jungles and rain forest there is something for everyone.
- The sense of community. Family life and community are Belizeans’ biggest priorities.
- Low taxes. There are many tax advantages to living in Belize such as low property taxes (average is 1.5%), no capital gains tax, and others depending on your status.
Come to Belize and enjoy your retirement where you can relax and continue the adventure in our tropical paradise.
Our natural wealthy environment аѕ wеll аѕ оur culturally diverse аnd hospitable people – оur greatest asset – аrе оnlу but a fеw reasons tо retire in Belize. Tо list еvеn mоrе enticing features…
- Peaceful Nation
- Tax Breaks
- English Speaking
- Sub-tropical Climate аll Year Lоng
- Good Educational System
- Easy Access tо Land fоr Development аnd Construction оf Retirement Home
- Strong Stable Belize Dollar
- Close Proximity tо thе US, Mexico, Central America аnd thе Caribbean
- Friendly People
- Abundance оf Natural Resources
- Breathtakingly Beautiful